Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Rounding up or down

I am working on an excel spread sheet running price costing numbers. I want
the numbers to round up to multiplies ending in 5 or 0. Example if I have a
cost of $ 122.18, I need to round to 120.00 if the the number is 124.88 I
need the number to round up 125.00.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks but your answer cut my value in half.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way:

=ROUND(A1*2,-1)/2

In article ,
Taylor wrote:

I am working on an excel spread sheet running price costing numbers. I want
the numbers to round up to multiplies ending in 5 or 0. Example if I have a
cost of $ 122.18, I need to round to 120.00 if the the number is 124.88 I
need the number to round up 125.00.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Then you didn't enter it correctly.

In article ,
Taylor wrote:

Thanks but your answer cut my value in half.

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

One way:

=ROUND(A1*2,-1)/2