Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to find percentage of filled cells in one section

I have several pages of spread sheets linked to a front page showing filled
in status, size of each sheet can shrink or grow as it is filled in, can I
display percentage filled in so I can link to it on the front page and see it
all done at a glance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Kalahari --

Use something like this:

=COUNTA(A1:G100)/(COUNTA(A1:G100)+COUNTBLANK(A1:G100))

HTH

"Kalahari" wrote:

I have several pages of spread sheets linked to a front page showing filled
in status, size of each sheet can shrink or grow as it is filled in, can I
display percentage filled in so I can link to it on the front page and see it
all done at a glance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Kalahari --Use something like

I have an excel spreadsheet that I want to return a percentage for all cells in that row range (E6:E12) that have been filled in with a letter. I want it to ignore N/A values and blank cells (so if no cells are filled in (or it's set to N/A) it would show as 0% percent completed.

Once the user puts in a "P" or "F" (for pass/fail) I want it to display the percent of cells filled out.

I have tried this:

=COUNTA(E6:E12)/(COUNTA(E6:E12)+COUNTBLANK(E6:E12))

but can't seem to figure out how to add in the rule to exclude N/A fields.

Please help (:

On Monday, April 14, 2008 9:27 AM pdberge wrote:

Kalahari --

Use something like this:

=COUNTA(A1:G100)/(COUNTA(A1:G100)+COUNTBLANK(A1:G100))

HTH

"Kalahari" wrote:

Submitted via EggHeadCafe
Excel JSON Storing Data
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ring-data.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi there I am looking for a formula that counts the amount of completed cells (ie containing content) - but exclude the value 'No' and gives me the percentage of a range completed

Can you help?