Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Updated to Office 2007 - Saving Excel file error

Hello, just updated to Office 2007. Besides the weird saving functions for
word...this one is for Excel!

Problem, when I go to save the .xlsx file, I need to go through thre steps
to finally save it.

First: Errors were detected while saving 'C:\Docs|nm\DE.xlsx'. Microsoft
Excel may be able to save the file by Removing or repairing some features. To
make repairs in a new file, Click Continue. To cancel saving the file, click
Cancel ---
I hot Continue and then get the Save button to the folder where it goes....I
hit Save and it says this file already exists. Do you want to replace the
existing file?

I hit Yes...then I get this error:

Errors were detected in ___.xlsx', but Microsoft Office was able to save the
file by removing or repairing the features listed:
Invalid hyperlinks were found and have been removed.
Invalid hyperlinks were found and have been removed.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?
<recoveryLog
xmlns="http://schemas.openxmlformats.org/spreadsheetml/2006/main"<logFileNameerror021360_01.xml</logFileName<summaryErrors
were detected in file
'C:\DE_DOCS\n&m2000\DEENT.xlsx'</summary<additionalInfo<infoInvalid
hyperlinks were found and have been removed.</info<infoInvalid hyperlinks
were found and have been removed.</info</additionalInfo</recoveryLog

I then hit "close" on the error.

This happens every time I add to this file and try to save it. This use to
be a simple process to save an Excel file!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks much.
Duane

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Apr 8, 2:06*am, Duane wrote:
[...]

Hi,

Did this problem lead to damage of your excel files? If so, I think
you can try a utility called Advanced Excel Repair to repair your
Excel xls file. It works rather well for my corrupt Excel xls files.
Its web address is http://www.datanumen.com/aer/

Hope this will help.

Alan