Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to attach actual spreadsheat for viewers

I need help with a complicated spreadsheat that has a macro I don't that I
don't understand. Is there a way to attach the actual sheet so viewers can
open up the file to see if they can figure it out?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could post the code in a reply.

OR

You can post the workbook at one of the hosting sites below.

http://www.freefilehosting.net/
http://savefile.com/

When you have uploaded to that site, post the URL so we could download should we
choose.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 13:44:00 -0700, timteebow66
wrote:

I need help with a complicated spreadsheat that has a macro I don't that I
don't understand. Is there a way to attach the actual sheet so viewers can
open up the file to see if they can figure it out?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Apr 5, 1:44*pm, timteebow66
wrote:
I need help with a complicated spreadsheat that has a macro I don't that I
don't understand. *Is there a way to attach the actual sheet so viewers can
open up the file to see if they can figure it out?

In part, that depends on your method for posting to a newsgroup. Some
methods do not permit attachments. And for good reason: too easy for
hackers to propagate trojan horses.

It is better to put the spreadsheet on a website and point people to
it in your NG posting. But even then, wary users might be relunctant
to access the spreadsheet for the same reason: fear of trojan horses.

Another alternative is provide an email address for people to contact
you directly. Or let the responder do that, and you contact him/her
in email. There is still some risk of maliciousness from either end.
But there has to be some limit to the paranoia.

(I am careful to receive such attachments using a guest login. I
believe that mitigates the risk to system-wide corruption. Others
might not even be comfortable with that.)