Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ano ano is offline

Default Inserting a vertical line in a spreadsheat?

I have created a diagram generated by a spreadsheet wich I daily update with
new data. In the diagram I can see the curves updating and replaces the
previous line. (the lines are horizonal) But... I would like to have a
vertical representing todays date so I with ease can see the most actual
point. In other words: Can I create a Vertical (dynamic) line in a diagram
with horizonal curves?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

What type of chart do you have?
XY?
Line?

Do you want it to automatically change or are you willing to do something to
the chart each day?

one way to do this which will work in many charts is to use the Y Error bar
and just have a value on todays date

"ano" wrote:

I have created a diagram generated by a spreadsheet wich I daily update with
new data. In the diagram I can see the curves updating and replaces the
previous line. (the lines are horizonal) But... I would like to have a
vertical representing todays date so I with ease can see the most actual
point. In other words: Can I create a Vertical (dynamic) line in a diagram
with horizonal curves?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ano ano is offline

I have a large chart measuring a variable. I enter the daily value manualy
and uses the diagram to monitor the change over time, so I might spot the
trend. Tomorrows figures allways equals todays untill changed (A5=A4).
Example: In 7 days where today is day 4: 5-4-3-4-4-4-4. Until changed day 5-7
has same value as day 4. Thats why it can be hard to spot present day in the
diagram.

It is a line.

I would like it to be automatic, but if not possible Ill do what it takes.

I can't get this Y error bar to do it in the way I want it. But if there is
no other way Ill guess Ill have to find a way to sovle it with that function.