Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Best way to easily export large amount of data from Excel

I have a spreadsheet that will potentially have cells completed all the way
from A2:IK2. Each row will correspond to a separate person and will need to
be able to be viewed easily and seperatly from the rest. What is the best
way to set up a chart or other snapshot of all of the data entered on each
row? I'd rather not have seperate worksheets for each in this spreadsheet,
but rather (and hopefully) have the user just click a few options to open up
this snapshot. I'm open to using either Word or PowerPoint, which ever is
easiest for the user. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Why not have one worksheet which picks up all the data from columns A
to IK, and then a cell on this sheet is used to determine which record
to show? For example, user specifies the name of a person, and all the
cells for that person are displayed on the sheet. Specify a different
name, and a new set of data is displayed.

You could do this with VLOOKUP, but probably better to have a single
MATCH formula in a helper cell and then use INDEX to bring the other
cells across.

Hope this helps.

Pete