Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Dates

Everytime I open a worksheet, it updates the date. I don't want the created
date to change. How do I turn off this feature?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The date must be from =TODAY() or = NOW() which will update everytime the
sheet calculates. If you want a static date, just enter one,
Regards,
Alan.
"mhashaw" wrote in message
Everytime I open a worksheet, it updates the date. I don't want the
created
date to change. How do I turn off this feature?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Get rid of the formula...........probably looks like =TODAY()

Enter the date which is the date the workbook was created.

In future, enter a static date by using CTRL + ;(semi-colon)

CTRL + SHIFT + ; to enter the current time.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP