Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Hide and Unhide Function

When I hide a column or a row and than I click unhide it doesn't unhide
itself. I tried highlighting both columns at the same time to the sides of
the hidden rows and than right clicking and clicking unhide but it still
doesn't work. What is going on? How do I unhide my hidden rows?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Could it be that you've opened a workbook created in a version prior to Vs
2007?

Anyway, if you click in the name box (left of the formula bar), and enter a
cell reference for the hidden column and press enter, eg B1 (if it's column
B that's hidden), and then check the column width (via FormatColumn width),
you'll probably see it as 0. Simply change this to a greater value, say 10.

Rob

"Mark4u" wrote in message
When I hide a column or a row and than I click unhide it doesn't unhide
itself. I tried highlighting both columns at the same time to the sides of
the hidden rows and than right clicking and clicking unhide but it still
doesn't work. What is going on? How do I unhide my hidden rows?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You don't select columns either side of the hidden one you select the column
to the left of the hidden column and drag over to a column to the right. That
way you have the hidden column selected. Then you click unhide.

Mike

"Mark4u" wrote:

When I hide a column or a row and than I click unhide it doesn't unhide
itself. I tried highlighting both columns at the same time to the sides of
the hidden rows and than right clicking and clicking unhide but it still
doesn't work. What is going on? How do I unhide my hidden rows?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mike,

Thanks a bundle for your help, that was great. It saved me a ton of time. I
really appreciate it.