Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default error message

My worksheet is set up as follows:
Cell A1 to A220 have budgeted amount.
Cell C1 to AK220 are for allocation of the budgetd amount
Cell B1 to B220 are to the total of C1 to AK220

Is there a way to do validation to ensure that allocation amount entered in
C to AK does not exceed the corresponding row in Cell A. So for example, if
A1 has total budgeted amount 1000, the amount entered in C1 to AK1 should not
exceed 1000. If does, it should give an error message.

I try various validation rules. It is not working.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could try something like:

=IF(SUM(C1:K1)1000,"Exceeds Budget",1000) in cell A1 - this would either
have the budget amount 1000 or Exceeds Budget.

edvwvw