Marcia3641

Default Error Message

Every time I hit the "close form" commandbutton after I enter the participant
info on my user form I get an error message that takes me to the code:

Private Sub cmdClose_Click() (this is highlighted in yellow)
Upload Me (upload has a black hightlight box over it)
End Sub

Does anyone know what it's trying to tell me and how to fix it? Thanks

--
Marcia3641

dominicb

Good evening Marcia 3641

When your VBA code halts the execution and throws you back to your code
you can be sure there's an error. The yellow box is simply highlighting
the line that Excel cannot interpret. In this case it is the command
"Upload Me". Try changing it to "Unload Me" - a command which will
remove the userform from memory which is what you're trying to do.

HTH

DominicB

--
dominicb
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18932

Marcia3641

Thank you so much, I am bowing at your feet as I type this.

Okay I have another problem I can't seem to solve, perhaps you can give me
some guidance. I have created a userform and when I test it it unloads the
information into my spreadsheet once I hit the "add participant" button. But
what's not happening is when I am testing the form to make sure everything is
working, I am not able to see any of the drop-down lists that I created. When
I tab to the next field, I have to keep hitting the tab button until I get to
a text field. I am not able to even click on the drop-down field, here is the
code. Can you see anything that I did wrong?

Private Sub ListBoxAgeGrp_Click()
..AddItem "Under 25"
..AddItem "26 - 34"
..AddItem "35 - 42"
..AddItem "43 - 55"
..AddItem "56 - 62"
..AddItems "63 and over"
End With
Marcia3641

"dominicb" wrote:

Good evening Marcia 3641

When your VBA code halts the execution and throws you back to your code
you can be sure there's an error. The yellow box is simply highlighting
the line that Excel cannot interpret. In this case it is the command
"Upload Me". Try changing it to "Unload Me" - a command which will
remove the userform from memory which is what you're trying to do.

HTH

DominicB

--
dominicb
dominicb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18932
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=389149

dominicb

Hi Marcia

I've put together a small file with a really simple userform with just
one listbox and one command button, Just to help you get to grips with
a userform working how you want it to. Hopefully this should get you
back on the right track.

HTH

DominicB

|Filename: Book2.zip |