Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sharing workbooks question

I have multiple users that need to access the same worksheet. I understand
Excel supports shared workbooks/worksheets but don't know anything about how
it works other than it puts multiple entries in as Tracked Changes.

My users need to add information to the 1st empty row of the sheet. If 2
users do this at the same time, they would both being trying to enter
information into the same row.

If Excel puts them in as Tracked Changes, how would it handle this conflict
when I try to accept the changes? Would I only be able to accept one,
negating the other(s)? Or will it know to paste the additional changes on the
next available row?

If it won't allow me to accept them all, how can I work around this ?

Thanks,
--
JoAnn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you ... if both changes apply to the exact same physical row, what
affect will using Accept All have on the data?

I'm guessing I can only accept one change, in which case, this option won't
work for us -- unless there is a workaround or some way to post all changes
into the file using VBA.

--
JoAnn