Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Bob is offline

Default Can you clear a column of numbers that contain a formula?

I compiled a column of numbers and then totaled them with a formula. Is it
possible to retain the column of numbers and eliminate the formula?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sure. Let's say we have numbers in A1 thru A100 and =SUM(A1:A100) in cell
A101.

Just clear cell A101

If, however we wanted to do the reverse (keep the sum, but get rid of the
data), we would first copy cell A101 and then:

Edit Paste Special Value back onto cell A101
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200777

"Bob" wrote:

I compiled a column of numbers and then totaled them with a formula. Is it
possible to retain the column of numbers and eliminate the formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Liz Liz is offline

Copy the cells, then choose Edit, Paste Special, Values

"Bob" wrote in message
I compiled a column of numbers and then totaled them with a formula. Is it
possible to retain the column of numbers and eliminate the formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bob Bob is offline

Lets say you have a formula that addes col a1 thru a3 into a4 and then you
copy the formula that is in a4 to the bottom of a col of these totals. Can
you remove that formula that has been copied down the a4 column?

"