Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Adding only negative numbers in row

I have a list of numbers in a row that has both positive and negative numbers
throughout the row. Is there a way I can get a sum of only the negative
numbers?

The row is very long so I would rather not add the negatives one by one. Is
there a formula that will seek only the negative numbers and add them all up?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The following formula should do the trick, just adjust the cell addresses to
match your row dimension:

=SUMIF(A1:F1,"<0")
--
Kevin Backmann

"jordanpcpre" wrote:

I have a list of numbers in a row that has both positive and negative numbers
throughout the row. Is there a way I can get a sum of only the negative
numbers?

The row is very long so I would rather not add the negatives one by one. Is
there a formula that will seek only the negative numbers and add them all up?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try something like this:

This formula sums the negative numbers in row 3:
=SUMIF(3:3,"<0")

Or...if you are using a range:
This formula sums the negative numbers from A3:Z3
=SUMIF(A3:Z3,"<0")

Does that help?
Post back if you have more questions.

Regards,