Old April 1st 08, 06:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Nat Nat is offline

Default return empty string value if cell is blank

I think I understand how to do this but need help with the exact formula. If
I want to do a date function that adds 6 months to a cell value I have added
teh forumula
=DATE(YEAR(E13),MONTH(E13)+6,DAY(E13)), however some of the cells have no
values in the E column yet, so they bring back erroneous information. Can't
I use some sort of an If("", ) statement to only bring back values for cells
which are not empty??

Thanks in advance,

Old April 1st 08, 06:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The following formula will do the trick:

=IF(ISBLANK(E13),"",DATE(YEAR(E13),MONTH(E13)+6,DA Y(E13)))

Hope this helps.
--
Kevin Backmann