Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
cls cls is offline

Default if zero, then return blank/empty

Column F is sometimes empty. Sometimes does contain a value. Column H
contains the formula = F1 / 900. F2 / 900. F3 / 900. ... Currently, if a
row in column H refers to a blank row in column F, I get a return value of
zero. Any way to write the formula so that if row F is empty/blank, then I
get a blank/null return value?? or if it is zero, do not show??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try this:

=IF(F1=0,"",F1/900)

Copy down as needed.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"cls" wrote in message
Column F is sometimes empty. Sometimes does contain a value. Column H
contains the formula = F1 / 900. F2 / 900. F3 / 900. ... Currently, if
row in column H refers to a blank row in column F, I get a return value of
zero. Any way to write the formula so that if row F is empty/blank, then
get a blank/null return value?? or if it is zero, do not show??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(COUNT(F1,-(F1<0))=2,F1/900,"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Teethless mama" wrote in message
=IF(AND(ISNUMBER(F1),F1<0),F1/900,"")

"cls" wrote:

Column F is sometimes empty. Sometimes does contain a value. Column H
contains the formula = F1 / 900. F2 / 900. F3 / 900. ... Currently, if
row in column H refers to a blank row in column F, I get a return value
of
zero. Any way to write the formula so that if row F is empty/blank, then
get a blank/null return value?? or if it is zero, do not show??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ooops!

or if it is zero, do not show??

Disregard this formula:

=IF(COUNT(F1,-(F1<0))=2,F1/900,"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
=IF(COUNT(F1,-(F1<0))=2,F1/900,"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Teethless mama" wrote in
message ...
=IF(AND(ISNUMBER(F1),F1<0),F1/900,"")

"cls" wrote:

Column F is sometimes empty. Sometimes does contain a value. Column H
contains the formula = F1 / 900. F2 / 900. F3 / 900. ... Currently,
if a
row in column H refers to a blank row in column F, I get a return value
of
zero. Any way to write the formula so that if row F is empty/blank,
then I
get a blank/null return value?? or if it is zero, do not show??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If your goal was a bulletproof formula:

=IF(COUNT(F1,1/F1)=2,F1/900,"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Ooops!

or if it is zero, do not show??

Disregard this formula:

=IF(COUNT(F1,-(F1<0))=2,F1/900,"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
=IF(COUNT(F1,-(F1<0))=2,F1/900,"")

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Teethless mama" wrote in
message ...
=IF(AND(ISNUMBER(F1),F1<0),F1/900,"")

"cls" wrote:

Column F is sometimes empty. Sometimes does contain a value. Column H
contains the formula = F1 / 900. F2 / 900. F3 / 900. ... Currently,
if a
row in column H refers to a blank row in column F, I get a return value
of
zero. Any way to write the formula so that if row F is empty/blank,
then I
get a blank/null return value?? or if it is zero, do not show??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Or try this:

=IF(ISBLANK(F1),"",F1/900)

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(F1=0,"",F1/900)

Copy down as needed.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"cls" wrote in message
Column F is sometimes empty. Sometimes does contain a value. Column H
contains the formula = F1 / 900. F2 / 900. F3 / 900. ... Currently, if
row in column H refers to a blank row in column F, I get a return value of
zero. Any way to write the formula so that if row F is empty/blank, then
get a blank/null return value?? or if it is zero, do not show??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
cls cls is offline

=IF(F1=0,"",F1/900) This one worked best for my simple purposes/mind. & is
the most straight forward. One that I can also easily remember in future.
Sebastian's: =IF(ISBLANK(F1),"",F1/900) worked also. Thanks to all!

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(F1=0,"",F1/900)

Copy down as needed.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"cls" wrote in message
Column F is sometimes empty. Sometimes does contain a value. Column H
contains the formula = F1 / 900. F2 / 900. F3 / 900. ... Currently, if
row in column H refers to a blank row in column F, I get a return value of
zero. Any way to write the formula so that if row F is empty/blank, then
get a blank/null return value?? or if it is zero, do not show??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"cls" wrote in message
=IF(F1=0,"",F1/900) This one worked best for my simple purposes/mind. & is
the most straight forward. One that I can also easily remember in future.
Sebastian's: =IF(ISBLANK(F1),"",F1/900) worked also. Thanks to all!

"T. Valko" wrote:

Try this:

=IF(F1=0,"",F1/900)

Copy down as needed.