Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Page Numbers not working correctly

I have a workbook with 34 worksheets. It was set up to print page numbers so
that when the entire workbook was printed the page numbers would be
sequential.

I deleted 3 worksheets and those page numbers no longer appear (it jumps
from page 12 to page 17).

Also, a worksheet was moved (and renamed) but the page number prints out of
order.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You should put the page number in as numbers in the header, you should use
the # which is on the menu when you insert a header. What shuld appear in
the header (or footer) is

&[Page] Excel wil replace this with the real page numbers. When priniting
one sheet of the wrorkbook, to get the right page number selected entire
workbook then set page range to print the page numbers you want. Otherwise
the page n umbers when printing one worksheet may be wrong.

"NWSbk" wrote:

I have a workbook with 34 worksheets. It was set up to print page numbers so
that when the entire workbook was printed the page numbers would be
sequential.

I deleted 3 worksheets and those page numbers no longer appear (it jumps
from page 12 to page 17).

Also, a worksheet was moved (and renamed) but the page number prints out of
order.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I couldn't duplicate your problem but I suspect that the page setup First
Page Number may have become hardwired to some fixed number rather than Auto.
You can select all the sheets and then go into Page Setup and change it to
Auto if it's not, or just click OK if it is Auto, and all the sheets should
be reset.

--
Jim