Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default import information from Wachovia Bank

How do I import transactions from Wachovia Bank to Excel
through EXCL, I can see activity from Wachovia, but when I execute the
transaction I get an error message.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What did Wachovia say when you asked them?

Regards,
Fred

"jack" wrote in message
How do I import transactions from Wachovia Bank to Excel
through EXCL, I can see activity from Wachovia, but when I execute the
transaction I get an error message.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OK. What "transaction" are you executing? Do you mean you are trying to
follow Wachovia's download instructions? If so, what error message do you
get? At what point in the process do you get the message?

Regards,
Fred.

"Bob I" wrote in message
http://support.microsoft.com/

"jack" wrote in message

How do I import transactions from Wachovia Bank to Excel
through EXCL, I can see activity from Wachovia, but when I execute the
transaction I get an error message.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

From Excel I go to
Data
Import external data
New Web Query
This brings me to Yahoo (which is my default web bowser)
There I type www.wachovia.com
which brings me to the wachovai web site. At that point, I enter my account
and password, which brings me to my checking account

Just above the window is the message after an arrow in a yellow box that says
next to the tables you want to select, then click import.

There is an arrow in a yellow box at the top of the window. If I click that
arrow

it turns green with a check.
When I click "import", reglardless of where the it is an arrow in a yellow
box or a check in a green box, I get back to EXCEL it first asks where I
want to start the import, and then imports information that is the 'the
standard info on the web site, but none of the information for my specific
account.

While in the Wachovia web site, there is a tab, whick will allow the
download for
Quicken for windows, Quicken for Mac or Miscroft Money
None of which I have.

Will appreciate any help you can offer.

Jack

"Bob I" wrote in message
http://support.microsoft.com/

"jack" wrote in message

How do I import transactions from Wachovia Bank to Excel
through EXCL, I can see activity from Wachovia, but when I execute the
transaction I get an error message.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You cannot import into Excel if the website does not support it.

At one point you said, "Wachovia said information can be imported to Excel",
but it sure doesn't sound like it. If they supported Excel downloads, there
would be an option to create an Excel file, or at least a CSV file, which
Excel can read.

You need to ask Wachovia how their information can be imported into Excel. I
suspect they are giving you the runaround, and they really don't support it.

On the off chance that they do, you're going at the import backwards. You
would start by going to the Wachovia website, initiating a download (in
Excel or CSV format), store the file, then open it in Excel.

If I'm correct that Wachovia doesn't support Excel downloads, your
alternative is to download a supported file type (like QIF [Quicken]) and
convert that to Excel. There are utilities on the web to do this -- just
Google QIF to Excel.

Regards,
Fred.

From Excel I go to

"Bob I" wrote in message
http://support.microsoft.com/

"jack" wrote in message

How do I import transactions from Wachovia Bank to Excel
through EXCL, I can see activity from Wachovia, but when I execute
the
transaction I get an error message.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I guess I need to give up on this project. When I attempt to download the
file into a QIF file, Wachovia support said I need to download the file to
the desktop, otherwise it downloads as a text file. I have not found a way
to convert the unreadable text file to EXCEL, It is not what one might call
a normal readable file.

Thanks for attempting to resolve this unresolvable project. At least you
made an effort to understand what I wanted to accomplish.
Jack

"Fred Smith" wrote:

[...]

From Excel I go to

"Bob I" wrote in message