Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Import Task information from Excel to Outlook

Is it possible to import task information from and Excel Worksheet to
Microsoft Outlook.....so that tasks can be created based on the data in the
worksheet...

Any advice or links appreciated....
--
Scott Lindsay
Excel Development
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

Sub CreateTask()

Dim olApp As Outlook.Application
Dim olTsk As TaskItem

Set olApp = New Outlook.Application
Set olTsk = olApp.CreateItem(olTaskItem)

With olTsk
.Subject = Range("A1")
.Status = olTaskInProgress
.Importance = olImportanceHigh
.DueDate = Range("A2")
.TotalWork = 40
.ActualWork = 20
.Save
End With

Set olTsk = Nothing
Set olApp = Nothing

End Sub

You may need to set a reference to the Outlook object library.

Hope this helps,
JP