Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default summary sheet across multiple sheets

Hi again Excel 2007 boffins.

I have multiple worksheets within a workbook each tab with custom names that
each contain specific contract data.

I have a summary page but all summary data is generated manually by my using
'=' then clicking specific wooksheet tab, clicking cell and 'enter'.

My data in the worksheets is not arranged by column headers.

Surely there is a formula likely built around vlookup that could make this
less manually intensive.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Assuming your "child" individual contract sheets are identically structured
here's a fast n easy way to build a summary using INDIRECT ..

In the Summary sheet,

List the "child" sheetnames in B1 across, eg: Con1, Con2, etc
(sheetnames must tally exactly with what's on the tabs, except for case)

In A2 down, list the cell references to extract data from eg: B2, C3, etc

Then place this in B2:
=IF(COUNTA($A2,B$1)<2,"",INDIRECT("'"&B$1&"'!"&$A2 ))
Copy across & fill down to populate
--
Max
Singapore
"Drew" wrote in message
Hi again Excel 2007 boffins.

I have multiple worksheets within a workbook each tab with custom names
that each contain specific contract data.

I have a summary page but all summary data is generated manually by my
using '=' then clicking specific wooksheet tab, clicking cell and 'enter'.

My data in the worksheets is not arranged by column headers.

Surely there is a formula likely built around vlookup that could make this
less manually intensive.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Max ... thanks so very much.

After adjusting to transpose columns and rows plus position on summary page
it works beautifully.

"Max" wrote in message
Assuming your "child" individual contract sheets are identically
structured
here's a fast n easy way to build a summary using INDIRECT ..

In the Summary sheet,

List the "child" sheetnames in B1 across, eg: Con1, Con2, etc