Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Massaging data to determine risk

In range of data I need to find jthe largest numerical movement in one
direction without (x) retrace. (x in this case being a specific whole
number) Please help with a formula or direct me to where I could find this
information.
Using Excel 2007
For example: in range of numerical data, the largest directional integer
movement was 300 before the data moved 25 in reverse.
Example 2: In data the largest directional integer movement was 224 before
the data moved 30 in reverse.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Let's say your data is in column A, in B1 enter 0, in B2 enter:

=IF(OR(B1=-1,A2<A1),-1,A2-A1) and copy down, In an un-used cell enter:

=MAX(B:B) your desired answer. For example:

1 0 3
2 1
3 1
6 3
7 1
9 2
8 -1
12 -1
100 -1
114 -1

The maximum single step increase is 3 before the downturn.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200776