Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Mack and windows

I have a command button that works fine in windows but it will not work on a
mack. Why? Thanks in advance!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mac's don't use the controls from the Control Toolbox Toolbar.

Maybe you can use a button from the Forms toolbar???

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlw dlw is offline

different/older version of excel on the mac?

"Richard" wrote:

I have a command button that works fine in windows but it will not work on a
mack. Why? Thanks in advance!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And there are some methods that are addressed differently on a Mac. I would
review the code assigned to the command button and check each method called
in VBA Help.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Richard" wrote:

I have a command button that works fine in windows but it will not work on a
mack. Why? Thanks in advance!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Will this work on a mack

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Worksheets("Sent to Assembly").Range("A3:B100,c3:c100").Copy
Worksheets("Parts Sent to Assembly").Range("a65000").End(xlUp).Offset(1,
0).PasteSpecial
Worksheets("Sent to Assembly").Range("a3:a100,b3:B100").ClearContents
Worksheets("Schedule").Range("d1,L1,a3:a100,b3:B10 0,d3:d100").ClearContents

End Sub

"Richard" wrote:

I have a command button that works fine in windows but it will not work on a
mack. Why? Thanks in advance!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The code will run, but this is the procedure that Windows Excel inserts when
you add an ActiveX commandbutton to the worksheet. You need to add another
button or shape and assign the macro to the new button or shape. For best
results, copy the code and paste it into a regular code module, not the
module corresponding to a sheet. Then rename it with something descriptive,
so you know what it does.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP