Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Filter drop down lists

I am new to Excel and so please can you be very exact in any answers you
might be able to give to me please.

I have made a database/spreadsheet and at the top of the columns I've put
filter arrows. That's fine. I can use them but now I find that in the drop
down lists all the data (in this case names) does not appear. Can anyone tell
me why, and how I can make them all appear in order to use them? Thanking you,
--
anneten
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The filter pull-down can only display up to 1000 distinct items. There
are ways around this, as discussed in this link:

http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits

Hope this helps.

Pete