Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I enable auto complete?

I have the auto complete option checked, however, if there are blank cells
above the cell I want to auto complete, it will not recognize any entries
above. Can excel autocomplete from more than the choices directly above it?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You might be able to use Excel's Autocorrect. Choose Tools, Autocorrect

e.g. Replace vh, Replace With:= Val Hearon

would this be suitable?

Peter

"ValHearon" wrote:

I have the auto complete option checked, however, if there are blank cells
above the cell I want to auto complete, it will not recognize any entries
above. Can excel autocomplete from more than the choices directly above it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Excel will also autocomplete from contiguous cells below the insertion point.

Note the word "contiguous"..................above or below.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP