Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Error Message

When closing a file I get this error message: can't find
analyst.xlaAnalystsheetclose!

This only happens on this file, how can I rectifiy this error.

Regards
Elaine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank Kevin unfortunately that does not work. When I close the excel sheet
the following message appears "Cannot find C:\Program Files\microsoft
Office\Office11\Library\analysis.xla!Analysisheetc lose which has been
assigned to run each tim the document is opened."
This is an old document and has been around sometime, how can I break this
link?

--
Regards
Elaine

" wrote:

When closing a file I get this error message: can't find
analyst.xlaAnalystsheetclose!

This only happens on this file, how can I rectifiy this error.

Regards
Elaine

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Analysis.xla is not an Excel default add-in

i.e. it is not the Analysis Toolpak addin

Try ToolsAdd-ins and look for something other than the ATP to disable.

Also right-click on the Excel Icon left of "File" on the menubar and select
"View Code".

Anything there that points to analysis.xla that should be deleted?

Or in VBE on the menubar try "Add-ins" and see what the add-in manager has
listed.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 07:38:05 -0700,
wrote:

Thank Kevin unfortunately that does not work. When I close the excel sheet
the following message appears "Cannot find C:\Program Files\microsoft
Office\Office11\Library\analysis.xla!Analysisheet close which has been
assigned to run each tim the document is opened."
This is an old document and has been around sometime, how can I break this
link?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Gordon

Thank you very much for your help. Unfortunately your suggestions did not
solve the problem but I discovered that it was a name range "AutoClose" which
was causing this error. I am none the wiser why but at least it is not
happening any more.
--
Regards
Elaine

wrote:

Thank Kevin unfortunately that does not work. When I close the excel sheet
the following message appears "Cannot find C:\Program Files\microsoft
Office\Office11\Library\analysis.xla!Analysisheet close which has been
assigned to run each tim the document is opened."
This is an old document and has been around sometime, how can I break this
link?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the update Elaine.

The "AutoClose" named range was in InsertNameDefine?

Gord