Murtaza

Default Error Message

I am getting an error message "Compile Error in hidden module: DistMon"
issued by Visual Basic, everytime I open or close MS Excel.

Its irritating although Excel is doing fine & perform all the tasks asusual.

I also have some macros & frequently use Visual Basic to perfrom simple
tasks.

do you have any clue?

Regards,
Murtaza

Andibevan

Not sure without a bit more info - if you are able to look at an error
report, take a look at that.

Also try reading:- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307410

HTH

Andi

"Murtaza" <NoEmail@NoEmail wrote in message
I am getting an error message "Compile Error in hidden module: DistMon"
issued by Visual Basic, everytime I open or close MS Excel.

Its irritating although Excel is doing fine & perform all the tasks

asusual.

I also have some macros & frequently use Visual Basic to perfrom simple
tasks.

do you have any clue?

Regards,
Murtaza

Tom Ogilvy

first close excel and in the run command in the start menu do
excel.exe /s

this starts excel in safe mode and suppresses the loading of addins and
files in the xlstart directory.

If that avoids the message, then close excel. Move any files out of your
excel start directory. and try opening excel again. If that cures the
problem, then it is one of those files. Move back individually to
identify.

If that doesn't clear it, then do a similar procedure with your addins.

Try unchecking all your addins in tools=Addins, Then adding them back one
at a time until you encounter the error.

Of course, you know what you have been doing - so thinking of recent changes
may dramatically narrow the items you need to search.

Tom Ogilvy