Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Screen display when copying in Excel 2007

There are several users that have complained about cells not displaying data
after they copy cells in Excel 2007. 2 out of 15 since we change to Office
2007. They are in compatibility mode. These are new machines with a gig of
ram. I changed the refresh rate from 60 hertz to 75 hertz but the user said
it didn't do any good. I do see that they seem to have alot of formatting
going on. Anyone have any info on this?

Best regards.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have not tried Excel 2007 yet (I do have a copy on my laptop) but could
there be memory issues - not enough. Is there enough paging space? How
many apps are the users running when this happens?

"tjstar" wrote:

There are several users that have complained about cells not displaying data
after they copy cells in Excel 2007. 2 out of 15 since we change to Office
2007. They are in compatibility mode. These are new machines with a gig of
ram. I changed the refresh rate from 60 hertz to 75 hertz but the user said
it didn't do any good. I do see that they seem to have alot of formatting
going on. Anyone have any info on this?

Best regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I doubt it's memory per se because I have less than 1 gig and do not see
much in the way of redraw issues. That's what I assume it is but to test -
if the users do a page down / page up do the cells now appear with the data?

--
Jim
"tjstar" wrote in message
| There are several users that have complained about cells not displaying
data
| after they copy cells in Excel 2007. 2 out of 15 since we change to
Office
| 2007. They are in compatibility mode. These are new machines with a gig
of
| ram. I changed the refresh rate from 60 hertz to 75 hertz but the user
said
| it didn't do any good. I do see that they seem to have alot of formatting
| going on. Anyone have any info on this?
|
| Best regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry, I didn't explain that very well. Yes the data does display with a
page down/up eventually. It's sporatic and sometimes it appears in portions
like it's trying to refresh the screen. The user on this perticular
worksheet saved it as 2007 and it's no longer and issue. Wondering if it's
and issue with 2007 formats in compatibilty mode.

"tjstar" wrote in message
| There are several users that have complained about cells not displaying
data
| after they copy cells in Excel 2007. 2 out of 15 since we change to
Office
| 2007. They are in compatibility mode. These are new machines with a gig
of
| ram. I changed the refresh rate from 60 hertz to 75 hertz but the user
said
| it didn't do any good. I do see that they seem to have alot of formatting
| going on. Anyone have any info on this?
|
| Best regards.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Wondering if it's and issue with 2007 formats in compatibilty mode.

It's a video issue pure and not so simple. All you can do is get the
latest driver, if you don't have it already, and/or try different video
settings.

--
Jim