Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default worksheet link

hi community

how am I to create a link where, example:

at worksheet A,

A1 is being formatted with 2 decimal places and is shaded "Blue"

at worksheet B,

also at A1, I wish to create a link so that this "A1" will also able to get
the shaded "Blue" color as well as the formatted 2 decimal places from
worksheet "A"

can this be done?

any guide much appreciated

thanks community for assistance render

:)

--
oldLearner57
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just <copy A1 from worksheet A to A1 in worksheet B (to copy the
formatting, even if it is conditional formatting), and then enter:

='worksheet A'!A1

in A1 of worksheet B

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Mar 27, 1:29*pm, oldLearner57
wrote:
hi community

how am I to create a link where, example:

at worksheet A,

A1 is being formatted with 2 decimal places and is shaded "Blue"

at worksheet B,

also at A1, I wish to create a link so that this "A1" will also able to get
the shaded "Blue" color as well as the formatted 2 decimal places from
worksheet "A"

can this be done?

any guide much appreciated

thanks community for assistance render

:)

--
oldLearner57

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi Pete_UK

10s for the guide and i did as mentioned but when I do the change of shade
color in worksheetA,
at
worksheetB, the cell shade color does not change according to the changed
color shade in worksheetA

could it be the cell shade color cannot work as "link" ?

can please enlighten this

10s again Pete and
to community as well
--
oldLearner57

wrote:
hi community

how am I to create a link where, example:

at worksheet A,

A1 is being formatted with 2 decimal places and is shaded "Blue"

at worksheet B,

also at A1, I wish to create a link so that this "A1" will also able to get
the shaded "Blue" color as well as the formatted 2 decimal places from
worksheet "A"

can this be done?

any guide much appreciated

thanks community for assistance render

:)

--
oldLearner57

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes, a formula cannot affect a format - it can only return a value.
So, if you manually change a format in one cell, this can not be
picked up via a formula in another cell. It is possible to do it with
some VBA code, but not with native functions or UDFs (User-defined
functions).

Hope this helps.

Pete

wrote:
hi community

how am I to create a link where, example:

at worksheet A,

A1 is being formatted with 2 decimal places and is shaded "Blue"

at worksheet B,

also at A1, I wish to create a link so that this "A1" will also able to get
the shaded "Blue" color as well as the formatted 2 decimal places from
worksheet "A"

can this be done?

any guide much appreciated

thanks community for assistance render