Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I create meta-layered spreadsheet

I need to create a spreadsheet that looks like a meta-layer tree. The first
column will be departments, and then should expand to include the people in
that department. I need to be able to keep the departments in order and the
people in order within each department with additional columns for totals.
The first column is the only one that needs to be "expandable" though.
Please help, I have no idea how to make this work. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Enter the data row by row and then sort on the Department column. Then use
subtotaling to generate the outline by department. You can use the Count
function as the summary function and count the number of employees per
department.
--
Kevin Backmann