Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default can't save in excel-pleeeeeeease HELP!!

I can't save or save as in excel. Options are not highlighted. I used to be
able to and I can on another computer using the same version. How do I
change this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Perhaps the trial expired?

Tina wrote:

I can't save or save as in excel. Options are not highlighted. I used to be
able to and I can on another computer using the same version. How do I
change this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not a trial. This is MS Office XP Excel 2002. I tried reinstalling and that
still didn't work. I have been using this for several years. I have checked
rights and file attribs and all seem to be ok.

"Bob I" wrote:

Perhaps the trial expired?

Tina wrote:

I can't save or save as in excel. Options are not highlighted. I used to be
able to and I can on another computer using the same version. How do I
change this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The only way I can save is to exit the program and choose yes when it asks if
you want to save changes.

"Bob I" wrote:

Perhaps the trial expired?

Tina wrote:

I can't save or save as in excel. Options are not highlighted. I used to be
able to and I can on another computer using the same version. How do I
change this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd try resetting the toolbar.

Tools|Customize|Toolbars tab
select Standard and click the reset button.

You will lose any customized changes to that standard toolbar, though.

--

Dave Peterson