Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Trying to do a formula in Excel until the value is 0

I am trying to do the following formula in Excel:

=IF(D224=0,E223+B224,E223-D224)

I want to do this until the value of Column E = 0, if it does I want
it to display "Current"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Try inserting the additional IF check in front, viz:
=IF(E223=0,"Current",IF(D224=0,E223+B224,E223-D224))
--
Max
Singapore
wrote in message
I am trying to do the following formula in Excel:

=IF(D224=0,E223+B224,E223-D224)

I want to do this until the value of Column E = 0, if it does I want
it to display "Current"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish. Could you explain it
better? If your formula is in cell A1 your formula is saying that if D224 is
0, then add B224 to E223 and return the value to cell A1; if D224 is not 0
then subtract D224 from E223 and return the value to cell A1. What do you
mean by Column E = 0? All of the cells in column E?

Tyro

wrote in message
I am trying to do the following formula in Excel:

=IF(D224=0,E223+B224,E223-D224)

I want to do this until the value of Column E = 0, if it does I want
it to display "Current"

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That does not work correctly I need it to do the first IF, calculate
until E223=0

wrote in message

I am trying to do the following formula in Excel:

=IF(D224=0,E223+B224,E223-D224)

I want to do this until the value of Column E = 0, if it does I want
it to display "Current"- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Here is an example of the cells:

A B
C D E
Due Date Total Current due Date Received Current amount paid Current
Amount Behind

6/17/2005 $200.00
$0.00 $200
7/1/2005 $200.00
$0.00 $400
7/15/2005 $200.00
$0.00 $600
7/29/2005 $200.00 8/5/2005
$200.00 $400

If D shows no Payment amount or $0.00 then Add amount from B $200
Once D shows an amount Subtract that amount from previous E amount
This will continue down E until E finally = 0.00 which would be
current. Then it continues, if D shows 0 then it adds amount from B
to E

wrote in message

I am trying to do the following formula in Excel:

=IF(D224=0,E223+B224,E223-D224)

I want to do this until the value of Column E = 0, if it does I want
it to display "Current"- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Assuming data as posted in cols A to E, from row2 down
In E2: =IF(D20,B2-D2,B2)
In E3: =IF(D30,E2-D3,SUM(E2,B3))
Copy E3 down. This seems to give the results that you posted.