Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SMH SMH is offline

Default How To Obtain The Top 10%

I have two columns displaying over 16K rows of data. Column A is person
1,2,3,4, etc. and Column B is their corresponding point balance.

How can I find the top 10% and bottom 20% of those people?

I only found a sort option using a Pivot Table for the top 10, but it didn't
allow me to say 10%.

Any assistance would be appreciated!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sort the data by point balance. The top 10% would be rows 1 thru 1600. The
botttom 20% would be rows 12800 thru 16000
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200775

"SMH" wrote:

I have two columns displaying over 16K rows of data. Column A is person
1,2,3,4, etc. and Column B is their corresponding point balance.

How can I find the top 10% and bottom 20% of those people?

I only found a sort option using a Pivot Table for the top 10, but it didn't
allow me to say 10%.

Any assistance would be appreciated!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the data is in a table on the worksheet, select a cell in the table,
and choose DataFilterAutoFilter
Click on the dropdown list that will appear in the Column B heading cell.
Choose Top 10
From the dropdowns, choose Top, 10, and Percent
or choose Bottom, 20, and Percent

SMH wrote:
I have two columns displaying over 16K rows of data. Column A is person
1,2,3,4, etc. and Column B is their corresponding point balance.

How can I find the top 10% and bottom 20% of those people?

I only found a sort option using a Pivot Table for the top 10, but it didn't
allow me to say 10%.

Any assistance would be appreciated!!

--
Debra Dalgleish