Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default copying Footer

Hello! Friends

I have two questions related to Footer:

1. I have a customised Footer in WORDS, how can I copy and paste to EXCEL?

2. How can I copy and paste Footer from one EXCEL BOOK to another, other
than deleting the contents of the source book?

Thanks.

zhj23
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Footers/Headers are the property of the workbook.

Copying would have to be done simply by copy and paste.

For all new workbooks create a new default workbook with the footer and any
other customizing you wish.

Open a new workbook. Customize as you wish with your custom footer.

FileSave As Type: scroll down to Excel Template(*.XLT) and select. Name your
workbook "BOOK"(no quotes). Excel will add the .XLT to save as BOOK.XLT.

Store this workbook in the XLSTART folder usually located at........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

This will be the default workbook for FileNew or the Toolbar button FileNew or
CTRL + n

WARNING................Do not use FileNew...Blank Workbook or you will get the
Excel default workbook.

NOTE: Existing workbooks are not affected by these settings.

You can also open a new workbook and delete all but one sheet. Customize as
you wish then save this as SHEET.XLT in XLSTART folder also. It now becomes
the default InsertSheet.

More can be found on this in Help under "templates"(no quotes).

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 08:21:00 -0700, zhj23
wrote:

Hello! Friends

I have two questions related to Footer:

1. I have a customised Footer in WORDS, how can I copy and paste to EXCEL?

2. How can I copy and paste Footer from one EXCEL BOOK to another, other
than deleting the contents of the source book?

Thanks.

zhj23

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello! Thank for the reply.

What about copying a customised Footer from WORDS and Paste to EXCEL?
Possible to accomplish that?

zhl23

wrote:

Hello! Friends

I have two questions related to Footer:

1. I have a customised Footer in WORDS, how can I copy and paste to EXCEL?

2. How can I copy and paste Footer from one EXCEL BOOK to another, other
than deleting the contents of the source book?

Thanks.

zhj23

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Word with the ViewHeaders/Footers open, CTRL + C to copy.

In Excel with ViewHeaders/Footers open select Custom Footer then CTRL + V to
paste.

Gord

wrote:

Hello! Friends

I have two questions related to Footer:

1. I have a customised Footer in WORDS, how can I copy and paste to EXCEL?

2. How can I copy and paste Footer from one EXCEL BOOK to another, other
than deleting the contents of the source book?

Thanks.

zhj23

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks. I was right clicking the EXCEL Footer to get the "Paste" command,
but it wasn't there. I didn't know I must use CTRL+V.

Sorry for asking stupid question.

zhj23
---------------------------------------

wrote:

Hello! Friends

I have two questions related to Footer:

1. I have a customised Footer in WORDS, how can I copy and paste to EXCEL?

2. How can I copy and paste Footer from one EXCEL BOOK to another, other
than deleting the contents of the source book?

Thanks.

zhj23

copy footer without copying page setup jen_writer Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 December 4th 07 06:18 PM
Footer RebekahVA Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 September 16th 07 06:58 PM
copying the Hyperlink function result without copying the actual formula mcheng Excel Worksheet Functions 2 June 9th 07 02:43 AM
Footer Fuad Excel Worksheet Functions 1 October 4th 05 12:12 AM
Footer Pjotr Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 April 12th 05 10:39 PM