Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Tree view in Excel

Hello community ppl,

I have a small quastion that will require some special VB knowledge which I
don't master.

I would like to make a treeview in excel, where each sub folder comes one
line below and one column to the right of the parent folder. Starting from
c:\ for instance, it would show in cell A1 "C:\", then in B2 "Documents and
settings", etc.

Additionaly, is it possible to make excel 'count' the number of files
matching a certain criteria?

Why all this? I want to show my colleagues that our network drive needs
clean-up by showing, for each folder, the number of files it contains, the
number of files that were modified in the last 6 months and the number that
were accessed in the last 6 months.

I guess this is a tricky question, but I'm sure there is a wider range of
usage for the solution.

Thanks a lot for you answer and for all usefeul answers I already used on
this community.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Chip Pearson has a sample file you can download to do this - follow this
link:

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/foldertreeview.aspx

I don't think it does the count of files that you want.

Hope this helps.

Pete