Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Actual versus Forecasted on one data series in a column chart

How do I show the actual and the forecasted amount on one data series in a
column chart (like a stacked column)?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You really want two series, one for forecast, the other for actual. You
should make a clustered column chart, not stacked, because stacking actual
on predicted (or vice versa) makes no sense. You could line the series up by
changing the overlap to 100 (Options tab of the Format Series dialog). This
will obscure one series, so you could format the series in the back with a
fill color and no border, and the series in front with a border and no fill.
I think it looks better if thee target or the prediction is the outline, but
that's my opinion. If it's a time series, you should dispense with columns
and use two line series.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP