Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Copying formulas with relative references

I want to copy a formula to multiple worksheets with part of the formula
referencing the value of a cell in the previous worksheet without having to
manually change the worksheet name in the formula each time I paste it. Is
there a way that excel will automatically reference the cell in the previous
sheet as it does when copying and pasting within the same worksheet.

Thanks for any insight anyone could provide.

Cheers!
Carl

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, that pulls the cell of the address that I want but drops the rest of
the formula. Is there a way to still keep that. For example, the value of A1
in Sheet1 is 10. I want the value of A1 in each sheet that I am using to be
incremented by 1. Therefore the formula I am using in Sheet2 is =Sheet1!A1+1
and in Sheet3 the formula is =Sheet2!A1+1, etc. When I use the "link cells"
option, the +1 part of the formula is dropped.