Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Auto worksheet delete

Hi all

I have an excel spreadsheet that for security reasons I want to be able to
have all worksheets in the workbook delete when a certain date in the future
is reached.
does anyone know of a script that would do such a thing???

Thanks
--
crunchin numbers
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It can be done using code, but whatever you do can be easily overcome by
anyone with a little knowledge and the will to do so.
You would need to make the workbook useless unless it was opened with
Macro's Enabled, then something like a Workbook_Open event would delete the
worksheets and save the file when the date was reached, and password protect
the VB editor.
The problem is that security isn't Excel's strong point and any password you
put on a workbook, a worksheet or the VB editor can be broken with code
freely available on these newsgroups or purchased for not a lot of money.
You would need to think carefully on how serious the breaching the security
of your spreadsheet would be.
Regards,
Alan.

"belvy123" wrote in message
Hi all

I have an excel spreadsheet that for security reasons I want to be able to
have all worksheets in the workbook delete when a certain date in the
future
is reached.
does anyone know of a script that would do such a thing???

Thanks
--
crunchin numbers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok that being said I think that the workbook open event script should do the
job.
Might you be able to help me with the code to make this work for me

Thanks

--
crunchin numbers

"belvy123" wrote in message
Hi all

I have an excel spreadsheet that for security reasons I want to be able to
have all worksheets in the workbook delete when a certain date in the
future
is reached.
does anyone know of a script that would do such a thing???

Thanks
--
crunchin numbers

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Belvy
Go to ( microsoft.public.excel.programming ) on March 22 Posting title :
Custom Security, you will find your request.
Regards
Cimjet