Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default New Spreadsheet Opens in Cell G4

Well, kinda. When I open Excel 2003 (SP3, Office Basic), the cursor is not
at A1, but rather at G4. Rebooted to no avail.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What is the name of the new workbook?

Book1.xls?

Maybe you have a Book1.xls in your XLSTART folder or alternate start-up folder?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:23:29 -0700, M Young <M
wrote:

Well, kinda. When I open Excel 2003 (SP3, Office Basic), the cursor is not
at A1, but rather at G4. Rebooted to no avail.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

The cursor stays where it was when the file was saved.
If I open a new workbook, click in cell G4 and save as
a template in the XLSTART folder (naming the file Book.xlt),
then every new file I open will have the cursor in G4.

Same thing happens with existing files. Wherever the active cell is
when the file was last saved is where that file will open next time.

HTH
Martin