Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
MartinW MartinW is offline

Default New Spreadsheet Opens in Cell G4

Hi,

The cursor stays where it was when the file was saved.
If I open a new workbook, click in cell G4 and save as
a template in the XLSTART folder (naming the file Book.xlt),
then every new file I open will have the cursor in G4.

Same thing happens with existing files. Wherever the active cell is
when the file was last saved is where that file will open next time.

HTH
Martin

"M Young" <M wrote in message
Well, kinda. When I open Excel 2003 (SP3, Office Basic), the cursor is
not
at A1, but rather at G4. Rebooted to no avail.