Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel files opening in "read only"

Hi there,

I have excel files that have been doing just fine either letting me make
changes or giving me the option of opening in read only or not. Now, just
the last 2 days, some (not all) of my files will not allow me to make changes
without saving as a copy, which gets confusing. What has changed or what
should I check to resolve this situation? I checked the properties and read
only is NOT checked. How can I get back to where I'm given the option to
open as read only or not?
--
Rich D
Armstrong Custom Homes
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try clearing out your Windows\Temp folder and your TIF folders.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP