Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default why would 57 column by 40 row excel spreadsheet be 5216k?

I copied data from a website to a spreadsheet (Office 2003), ended up with 57
columns and 40 rows, no pictures or micros, just numbers, but the spreadsheet
is 5216k, which seems very unreasonable and is excessive for both my XP
desktop and my Vista 64 laptop, both with 2 G ram. I tried copying just the
data, without any formatting, to a new spreadsheet and that didn't help.