Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default why would 57 column by 40 row excel spreadsheet be 5216k?

use ctrl+end and maybe you will see that you have unused cells in the used
range

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"57 column by 40 row 5216k spreadsheet" <57 column by 40 row 5216k
wrote in message
I copied data from a website to a spreadsheet (Office 2003), ended up with
57
columns and 40 rows, no pictures or micros, just numbers, but the
spreadsheet
is 5216k, which seems very unreasonable and is excessive for both my XP
desktop and my Vista 64 laptop, both with 2 G ram. I tried copying just
the
data, without any formatting, to a new spreadsheet and that didn't help.