Neil

Default Drop down list with shapes

I'd like to create a drop down list of 3 items, a red
diamond, green circle,& a yellow triangle that I can put
into many cells for a stop light chart. I 've tried using
the data validation with the ASCII codes but it didn't work
Any suggestions or help would be appreciated

Thanks
Neil
Debra Dalgleish

You can't format the items in a data validation list, so you won't be
able to show the colours, or a different font.

Perhaps you could show Low, Medium, High as the list items, and show the
appropriate symbol in an adjacent cell.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

I solved it by using the data validation list and
conditional format (to change the colors), all shapes have
to be in the same font l=circle n=square t= diamond in
windings font
I had to change the triangle into a square to make it work
Thanks,
Neil

.