Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default keep first left colum visible

Hi,
how do I keep the first left colum visible when I work with up to 100
columns to the right?

the left colum has information I need to see when working at the right.

I know this is possible, but I don't know how to set it...

thanks for help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

Set the headings where your want them on the screen
Select the first cell below the headings

Example:
If you always want to see rows 1:3 and column A
Select cell B4

From the Excel Main Menu:
<window<freeze panes

Does that help?
Post back if you have more questions.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"panambi" wrote in message
how do I keep the first left colum visible when I work with up to 100
columns to the right?

the left colum has information I need to see when working at the right.

I know this is possible, but I don't know how to set it...

thanks for help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select cell B1 and choose Freeze Pane from the Window menu.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"panambi" wrote in message
how do I keep the first left colum visible when I work with up to 100
columns to the right?

the left colum has information I need to see when working at the right.

I know this is possible, but I don't know how to set it...

thanks for help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you so much!

one more question: how do I do the set up, if I want to have the first
column printed on each page?

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

Set the headings where your want them on the screen
Select the first cell below the headings

Example:
If you always want to see rows 1:3 and column A
Select cell B4

From the Excel Main Menu: