DD

Default adding zeros to a cell

If I put a dash and put zeros in after it, how can I make it stay in that
format? Or even, how can I make a cell display multiple zeros instead of
one? I have custom formatted a cell but it doesn't hold it's properties when
it comes to combining cells. Thanks.
Jason Morin

Precede your data with an apostrophe (').

For example:

'-000123

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

If I put a dash and put zeros in after it, how can I

make it stay in that
format? Or even, how can I make a cell display multiple

zeros instead of
one? I have custom formatted a cell but it doesn't hold

it's properties when
it comes to combining cells. Thanks.
.

Dave Peterson

You can also format the cell as text and type in exactly what you want.

But if you used real numbers and a custom number format, then you can use this
kind of thing when you combine cells:

=text(a1,"0000") & " some notes here" & text(b1,"00.00") & text(c1,"mm/dd/yyyy")

--

Dave Peterson