Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default CONCATENATE Question

I have two colums one with a first name and one with a last name I want to
CONCATENATE the first name and last name together, but I only want the first
initial of the first name and then the full last name to upload to a database
for users, is there any way in access for this to be accomplished. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

FirstName in column A = Mike
FirstName in column B = Smith
Formula in column C =LEFT(A1,1)&B1 'Returns MSmith
"Anthony" wrote:

I have two colums one with a first name and one with a last name I want to
CONCATENATE the first name and last name together, but I only want the first
initial of the first name and then the full last name to upload to a database
for users, is there any way in access for this to be accomplished. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A slight variation on Mike's formula, to ensure consistency:

=UPPER(LEFT(A1,1))&" "&PROPER(B1)

will always ensure you get M Smith, even if you have mike and sMITH in
the other cells.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Anthony" wrote:
I have two colums one with a first name and one with a last name I want to
CONCATENATE the first name and last name together, but I only want the first
initial of the first name and then the full last name to upload to a database
for users, is there any way in access for this to be accomplished. *Thanks- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

A B C
1 Juan Cruz =concatenate(left(A1,1)," ",B1)
2 Bill Clinton =concatenate(left(A2,1)," ",B2)

--
"I think, therefore I am". Descartes