Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CJ CJ is offline

Default Concatenate

Using Excel 2000, I want to concatenate a math formula so that the exponents
are displayed as superscripts like this:(oops this superscript didn't copy
from the spreadsheet x2) not like this x^2. Usually, in a single cell after
highlighting the 2, I choose format, cells, then check the superscript box
and then I get the 2 in the right place but when concatenating afer selecting
the number 2 and the format, no other choices are available. Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the only superscripts you need to use are 2 and 3, then
instead of formatting the 2 or 3 as superscript, you can use
Alt+0178 for ² and Alt+0179 for ³.

CJ wrote:
Using Excel 2000, I want to concatenate a math formula so that the exponents
are displayed as superscripts like this:(oops this superscript didn't copy
from the spreadsheet x2) not like this x^2. Usually, in a single cell after
highlighting the 2, I choose format, cells, then check the superscript box
and then I get the 2 in the right place but when concatenating afer selecting
the number 2 and the format, no other choices are available. Thank you,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CJ CJ is offline

Thank you, that is useful What happens if an exponent of 4 or more is
required or the exponent is not a whole number?