Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Formula Expansion

Hi,

I want to expand formula all the way down in the same row but I have a
problem. First cell is A2 secon column is D2 third column is G2 fifth is J2
and so on. Other cells between A2 and D2 or D2 and G2 is filled out so how
can I expand the formula without touching these cells. Is there any way to do
it?

Please help me for this.

--
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

If re-designing the worksheet layout -- so that all input cols are placed
together to the left, with all formulated cols to the right (say) -- is out
of the question, then imo, no simpler option, you would have to drag down
each of the formula col in turn.
--
Max
Singapore
"Appache" wrote:
I want to expand formula all the way down in the same row but I have a
problem. First cell is A2 secon column is D2 third column is G2 fifth is J2
and so on. Other cells between A2 and D2 or D2 and G2 is filled out so how
can I expand the formula without touching these cells. Is there any way to do
it?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Appache,

You can insert a helper row 3.

Then in A3 put your formula.
In B3 put =B2
In C3 put =C2

Then highlight A3, B3 and C3.
Grab the fill handle and drag across as far as is needed.
When you have dragged it across and with the row still highlighted,
right click on it and select copy, then right click again and select
Paste SpecialValues and then you can delete row 2.

HTH
Martin