Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Mike Fox

Default Automatic Chart Expansion Problem

For years, I've be charting temperature variations. As I added new
data points, the chart automatically expanded to accomdate the new
datum. At 72 data points, the chart stopped expanding automatically.

Anyone know if this is a standard limit to expanding charts? Did I
accidently turn some feature off? Is there a way to fix this?

I'm running MS Win and Office XP with all updates.

Thanks

Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

It really depends on how your expansion was working.
Is your chart set to a fixed data range with 72 rows or columns that you
have now filled up? If so you just need to extend the range your chart
is using.
Or maybe your data series is linked to a named range which has a formula
that is no longer working correctly. Here is an explanation of the
dynamic named range approach.

If neither of those are applicable post back explaining what method was
being used to make the chart expand up to the 72nd period.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel