Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sam Sam is offline

Default I'm trying to time series Excel data, how?

I have 2 data columns, both are matched timed series, each point has a gap of
5 hours. Somebody else managed to make excel correlate the raw data and said
that they was a lag within the data point, he then set about lagging the data
by one day and then said that the lag might be as much as 5 hours, and that I
should make excel recognise this....How????
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Presumably you have a column with date/time for at least one set of the
values. Suppose it's column A. Column B has the set of values correlated
with this date/time. Put the other values in column D. In cell E1 put your
presumes offset, say, 5:00:00 for five hours. In C1 put a formula like
=A1+$E$1, and fill it down column C as far as needed. This is your offset
time. Select the data in columns A and B, and make an XY chart (not a line
chart). The date/time should be along the X axis. Copy the data in columns C
and D, select the chart, and use Edit menu Pate Special to add thee data
as a new series, with category values in the first column. Now adjust the
value in E1 until the two series line up in the chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions