Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to Keep my Format ??

Hello....

I have worksheet call Template.xls with format I like to use..(bold.. align
center..borders..etc.....)

But whenever I copy cells from another worksheet and paste on Template.xls
then my format is gone..(NO bold, align center...etc..)

So my question is ... is there any way to keeping my format? even though I
copy and paste from another wokrsheet...

Thanks in advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try to use PasteSpecial/Values instead of Paste! Paste copies values and
formats as well.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Astroboy€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Hello....

I have worksheet call Template.xls with format I like to use..(bold.. align
center..borders..etc.....)

But whenever I copy cells from another worksheet and paste on Template.xls
then my format is gone..(NO bold, align center...etc..)

So my question is ... is there any way to keeping my format? even though I
copy and paste from another wokrsheet...

Thanks in advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello Stefi,

Thank you for reply....

Is Paste Special has HOT Key? Like Paste (ctl-v)? b/c I am using on script
to paste the copied cells...

Thank you....

"Stefi" wrote:

Try to use PasteSpecial/Values instead of Paste! Paste copies values and
formats as well.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Astroboy€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Hello....

I have worksheet call Template.xls with format I like to use..(bold.. align
center..borders..etc.....)

But whenever I copy cells from another worksheet and paste on Template.xls
then my format is gone..(NO bold, align center...etc..)

So my question is ... is there any way to keeping my format? even though I
copy and paste from another wokrsheet...

Thanks in advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

PasteSpecial doesn't have any hot key, but if you use a script (VBA macro)
for copy and paste, you can assign an own hot key to your macro!
Stefi

€˛Astroboy€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

"Stefi" wrote:

Try to use PasteSpecial/Values instead of Paste! Paste copies values and
formats as well.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Astroboy€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

Hello....

I have worksheet call Template.xls with format I like to use..(bold.. align
center..borders..etc.....)

But whenever I copy cells from another worksheet and paste on Template.xls
then my format is gone..(NO bold, align center...etc..)

So my question is ... is there any way to keeping my format? even though I
copy and paste from another wokrsheet...

Thanks in advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Copy/paste this into the sheet module of your Template.xls

'retain formatting when a cell is copied over
Dim myValue
With Application
.EnableEvents = False
myValue = Target.Value
.Undo
Target = myValue
Application.CutCopyMode = False
.EnableEvents = True
End With
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 04:14:12 -0700, Astroboy
wrote:

Hello....

I have worksheet call Template.xls with format I like to use..(bold.. align
center..borders..etc.....)

But whenever I copy cells from another worksheet and paste on Template.xls
then my format is gone..(NO bold, align center...etc..)

So my question is ... is there any way to keeping my format? even though I
copy and paste from another wokrsheet...

Thanks in advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello,

Thank you for reply...

But the format still changed..

And this is what I did and please let me know if I did something wrong...

Right click on Sheet1 and choose View Code and pasted the code you gave to me

And copy cells from another template and Ctrl-V on template.xls..

But the format still changed...

Any Idea?

Thank you in advance...

wrote:

Hello....

I have worksheet call Template.xls with format I like to use..(bold.. align
center..borders..etc.....)

But whenever I copy cells from another worksheet and paste on Template.xls
then my format is gone..(NO bold, align center...etc..)

So my question is ... is there any way to keeping my format? even though I
copy and paste from another wokrsheet...

Thanks in advance...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Good to hear.

I was about to reply with a few questions........my style<g

But now I don't have to.

Curious to know what happened in the half hour between "it didn't work" to "it
works"

Most likely pasting to the wrong sheet??

Gord

On Mon, 10 Mar 2008 13:09:01 -0700, Astroboy
wrote:

Oh... it works.... and thank you~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!